Thursday, April 26, 2018


This is the first post of Black Dragon Games Blog, Dweller of the Forbidden City.
A few words about the name.

My favorite early edition module is Dwellers of the Forbidden City, it was based off a Conan story called “Red Nails”, and it has a ton of atmosphere. The last time I ran the module the evil wizard that runs the Forbidden City of mutated snake men escaped the party and became a memorable recurring villain.

This module taught me the value of alliances, my group formed an alliance with a pan lung dragon in the module in order to have the chops to win. It was a classic early edition move, when you are outmatched, find some help!

I will be using this blog to give gaming tips, suggestions for how to DM games successfully, some world building advice, inspiration for gaming and whatever else comes to mind.

The background art for this blog is a Roger Dean piece, “Dragon’s Garden”, which I think nicely captures the atmosphere I want.

Here it is in full:



 Cheers,

Ian

2 comments:

  1. Dweller is my favourite AD&D module as well Ian, so I already feel at home here (B4 The Lost City being my favourite 'Basic' module as you well know).

    I'll be dropping by here regularly, best of luck with the blog!'

    Brother D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Cheers

    Ian

    ReplyDelete

Building Bhakashal - Trust the Process In a sandbox style game, the referee leaves things open and the PCs actions drive the play. This conc...